• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brown

Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

Forty-six years old and I still get excited playing Infiltration. I guess it is pretty silly, especially if I were to sit back and truly consider it. But, it is true. Every now and then I am compelled to reinstall UT99 ad INF (this time it is strictly 2.86), hunt down the old favorite haunts and commence to shooting extremely unintelligent AI. I even tell myself I am going to do some mapping, but working just about every day with the Unreal 4 engine at work I am quickly brought back to reality when I open the UT99 editor.

It is not like I haven't played other games, I have, but nothing seems to compare to Infiltration. Even now with its antiquated engine its game play is still superior to most others out there. (Of course the fact that my computer can't run much more than UT 99 might influence my position- but only some.) B)

If I really meditate on the issue I MUST conclude that, yes the game is great! But ultimately it was the people I was playing the game with that really made it GREAT. Every time I follow through and install the game I am immediately reminded of you guys. DocSavage, Sphynx, Ripper, Snips, Apelogic, Lightzout, Barny Gumble, Zeshin, Rew, Mace, Red and many more that my 46 year old brain has allowed to slip. Oh the times we had, all hours of the day and night in places like Manor Farm, Extreme Prejudice, Chasm, Peru, Norwich and Konosis ][, Dark city and Zietkind. Playing games like UT, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Battlefield 1942, and of course, Infiltration. Pistols only, low grav, ZARK Sniper Rifles! - OWNING every server the SK ventured into to the chagrin of the other clans that joined us on the battlefield.

Alas, it was but playing games, and perhaps too many... However, I relish the friendships made the good times had and the memories that remain.

I do not get around here often and I honestly don't play that much. I do work with the UE 4 editor just about every day but that is mostly for architectural previs. and my boss kinda frowns if I fire up the new Unreal Tournament at work lol. My days are filled with work (average 10 hours); Bible studies- as I preach and teach several services a week most weeks; and my dear wife, and I am happy with that. But as we approach the New Year (and I grow nostalgic) I would have you guys know that I still carry you around with me. Some of the names I listed were only known by typed words or a TS voice, others were known face-to face; all I considered friends. And still do, maybe now more than then.

It is my fervent prayer that each of you experience the love of God and His peace this Christmas season, may peace and joy be your habitation. And may the New Year bring happiness and continued success to everyone of you.

David "Brown SK" Brown

Attached File  Tat.jpg   94.41K   2 downloads Still carrying the brand.

Edited by Brown, 19 December 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#2 Ripper

Ripper

Advanced Member

• Brass
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:57 PM

Good to see you David! I've become about as elusive as anyone from the "glory days". There's definitely days when I think back and really, really miss the simple gaming glory days of UT and INF...even the Ravenshield days were good times. We had some very great times and I really miss the people the most. I miss you guys (even if the feeling isn't mutual).

Happy Holidays and best wishes to all for the New Year and future!

#3 Brown

Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

Glad to "see" you as well Justin. Merry Christmas buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users